Ile de Ré
Discover the different aspects of Ile de Ré, its ten villages and varied landscapes to which it owes its charm...
Discover some of the villages on the island :
- La Couarde - Discover the typical white houses with colourful shutters as well as the blossoming hollyhock.
- Ars - Classed as one of the most beautiful villages in France, you can admire its bell tower and delightful harbour.
- La Flotte - A great place to visit on market day, the old market hall dating back to the 12th century, one of the island's treasures.
- Saint Martin - History enthusiasts will be delighted with this village, its harbour and fortified citadel in the shape of a star by Vauban.
- The ornithological reserve where many migratory birds take shelter.
- La maison du Fier d'Ars and its "nature" workshops - open all year for visits.
- Loix peninsula, nestled between the sea and the salt marshes.
- La Pointe du Grouin and its stunning views.
A few ideas for sports activities on the island :
- By bike - the ideal means of transport to visit Ile de Ré and to admire the beautiful countryside.
- Canoeing - for an adventure in the Loix marshes.
- Horse riding - riding lessons or treks in St Clément
- Surfing and kitesurfing - At Le Bois Plage, lessons and hire of boards.
- Regattas - are organised from June to the end of August at different parts of the island.